Last Check: 30-06-2019
- The Longest Marble Run measures 2858,90 meter (9,379 ft 7 in) and is made bySensirion AG-The Sensor Company (Switzerland) in Flumserberg, Switzerland, on 1 September 2017. Jelle establish this record with 210,31 meters on may 2009. The attempt made by Klaus Peter Beier in August 2014 (1413,67 m) was disapproved by guinness.
- Longest running time (as far as known): 36 minutes on the 1413,67 metre marble run in Universum, Bremen
- Longest Sand Marble Race: 150 m (492 ft) made by Associazione Bibionese Albergatori ABA in Bibione, Italy, on 29 May 2010.* (longest unregistered Sand Marble Race is 230 meter build by Jelle Bakker)
- Largest total track length in a RBS: 1600 m (1 mile), the “Energy Machine” in Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Tallest Marble Run or Marble Machine: Unknown
- Tallest Rolling Ball Sculpture: 22 m (72 ft) tall, the Energy Machine in the Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Largest amount of marbles rolling simultaneously through a marble run (or marble machine): 11600 marbles rumbles down in the marble machine the “Marble Tsunami” at indoor playground “Monkey Town” at Gouda, Netherlands.
- Biggest Rolling Ball Clock: AION, which is 11.6 m (38 ft) high 6 m (19 ft 8 in) wide and 50 cm (1 ft 7 in) deep. It is located at the headquarters of Bucherer AG, Lucerne, Switzerland, and was measured on 11 March 2008. The total track length is 297,8 m (977 ft) *
- Fastest Ball speed in a RBS: Unknown
- Fastest Marble Run: Unknown
- Largest Marble Track Loop-the-Loop: Unknown
- Smallest RBS: “Micro RBS” made by Niels Jalling, it measures 32mm high, 39mm long and 32mm wide. It uses 2 mm balls.
- Most participants in a Human Marble Run: 510 people, achieved by Johnson & Johnson Middle East (UAE), in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, on 1 March 2017.
Timeline of records longest marble runs:
|4-APR-2009||210,31 m*||Jelle Bakker, Adventurepark Hellendoorn, Netherlands|
|June 2011||216 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Kamp Lintford, Germany|
|12-SEP-2011||394,19 m*||Cordes & Graefe KG, Germany|
|April 2012||523,32 m*||Studenten van Wenatchee High School in Wenatchee, Washington, USA|
|21-JUL-2012||649,38 m*||Klaus Peter Beier, Phaeno Wolfsburg, Germany|
|23-MAR-2013||1043,62 m*||Klaus Peter Beier, Universum Cologne, Germany|
|4-AUG-2013||1286,61 m*||Swinburne University, Australia|
|2-JUL-2014||1288,58 m||Explorado Duisburg, Germany|
|4-AUG-2014||1413,67 m||Klaus Peter Beier, Universum Bremen, Germany (failed, marble was stucked)|
|15-AUG-2014||1888 m**||VCP Padfinderij, Rheinland Pfalz, Duitsland (does not meet requirements)|
|14-May-2017||1918,12*/**||Handwerker und Gewerbeverein, in Elgg, Switzerland|
|1-Sep-2017||2858,90*||Sensirion AG-The Sensor Company (Switzerland) in Flumserberg, Switzerland|
*Approved by Guinness World Records
**At these attempts, a 55 mm (2 inch) ball was used instead of a marble. Only marbles with max diameter of 18 mm (3/4 inch) are allowed.
Please contact me if you know records.